Ellen Page Accuses Brett Ratner of "Homophobic and Abusive Behavior"

According to Page, Ratner addressed a woman standing next to Page, who was then 18, saying "You should fuck her [Page] to make her realize she's gay." Page went on to explain that at the time, she had not yet come out as gay even to herself. "I knew I was gay, but did not know, so to speak. I felt violated when this happened." She didn't respond, she wrote, and nobody else on the set did either.

"This man, who had cast me in the film, started our months of filming at a work event with this horrific, unchallenged plea," Page continued. "He “outed” me with no regard for my well-being, an act we all recognize as homophobic... This public, aggressive outing left me with long standing feelings of shame, one of the most destructive results of homophobia."

Page's co-star Anna Paquin responded with a tweet backing up her account of the remark by Ratner.
"I was there when that comment was made. I stand with you "

Ratner has recently been accused of sexual misconduct by several women, including the actresses Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge.

Comments